At the recommendation of the parking task force, last week we announced parking changes effective Monday, November 17. We encourage everyone to review the campus parking areas map and familiarize themselves with the locations they are able to park in. Here’s a quick summary:
Area 1 parking:
- Garage 1, Garage 3, Academic Lots A/B, C, D, K, East Road
- Marked Area 1 spaces on West Road, Dowling North & South, ASB, CGSB, Munson and 195 Farmington
- Area 1 parking is permitted in Area 2 except for Lot H
- Area 1 parking is not allowed in Area 3
Area 2 parking:
- Lots L, J, H, Shuttle Lot 2, Main Road, Academic Lot A/B (5pm-8am)
- Marked Area 2 spaces at Dowling North & South, CGSB, Munson, 195 Farmington, Circle Road, Lot G – Handicap parking with permit only, ASB – Handicap parking with permit only
- Area 2 parking is not allowed in Area 3
Area 3 parking:
- Shuttle Lot 3
- Marked Area 3 spaces at West Road
- Area 3 parking is not allowed in any other area
Parking signs are posted in the garages and parking lots. Please park in the garage/parking lots designated for your area as the Police Department will begin ticketing violators.
Parking and Transportation Office:
The Parking and Transportation office has moved from the Academic Building to the 3rd floor of the Administrative Services Building (ASB). All business related to parking, valet, and shuttle bus service will be conducted at the new location. Two, 30 minute parking spaces have been designated in the ASB parking lot for those needing to conduct business with the office. As you face the ASB, the parking spaces are located immediately to the left of the reserved Center for Aging Research spaces. The contact information for the Parking and Transportation office is as follows:
Administrative Services Building / 3rd Floor / Room 3044 / Mailcode: 8230
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Office Phone Number: x4248
Office Fax: x0194
The Parking & Transportation office has received the list of those individuals who have been approved for “traveler status” by senior management. We will begin contacting these individuals early next week. Approximately 35 spaces on the top floor of Garage 3 will be designated for “traveler” parking.
Changes in Parking Permits:
Our office is in the process of auditing all parking and registration data. We anticipate being able to offer the opportunity to allow changes in parking permits by the end of the year.